Elvis Bender iz up

Time to switch to iTunes
09-01-2009 08:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

RE: Fresh Squeals....
(09-01-2009 02:34 PM)pigpappy Wrote:  The Problem With Elvis
Jerry Lee Lewis rocked his ass off! And mine! And there were others. Little Richard may have thought he had to be outrageous because he was black and he wanted to make an impression, or he might have just been that weird on his own, but the little guy just fucking rocked his ass off whenever he played! Good lord, he acted like he was crazy, but he rocked so hard!

Eddie Cochran rocked, and so did Chuck Berry. Fats Domino was rocking way before Elvis, but black singers from New Orleans would never make it onto the national charts, which also meant that we never heard much from Huey “Piano” Smith and no one outside of the black community knew what Ike Turner was up to yet. And there were others, which was a real loss for us white kids at the time. Have you heard the original recording of one of Elvis’ first hits? Have you heard Big Mama Thornton’s original recording of “Hound Dog”? My God, does it rock! Although I don’t think it was rock ‘n’ roll yet. I think there was just a little… too… much… Gospel in it, and that and she was an overweight middle-aged black woman couldn’t have helped. There was so much rock in her recording, but the beat came from handclaps, not drums, so I think it rocks, but it wasn’t Rock.

Everybody always forgets...Bo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=979rwnVPG4A

Malama pono!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2009 08:43 PM by Squealin'.)
09-01-2009 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Malama pono!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2009 09:18 PM by Squealin'.)
09-01-2009 08:44 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Barn I saw them at the Alameda County Fair in the 90's The are great...I also love The Bubble Puppy...but I am weird like that...don[t ya know..

Malama pono!
09-01-2009 09:15 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Malama pono!
09-01-2009 09:17 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

Squealin,

Still freaked out about the Internet, I see. Undecided

EFF's Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy

Quote:3) Keep a "clean" e-mail address.

When mailing to unknown parties; posting to newsgroups, mailing lists, chat rooms and other public spaces on the Net; or publishing a Web page that mentions your e-mail address, it is best to do this from a "side" account, some pseudonymous or simply alternate address, and to use your main or preferred address only on small, members-only lists and with known, trusted individuals. Addresses that are posted (even as part of message headers) in public spaces can be easily discovered by spammers (online junk mailers) and added to their list of targets. If your public "throw away" address gets spammed enough to become annoying, you can simply kill it off, and start a new one. Your friends, boss, etc., will still know your "real" address. You can use a free (advertising-supported) e-mail service provider like Yahoo Mail or Hotmail for such "side" accounts. It is best to use a "real" Internet service provider for your main account, and to examine their privacy policies and terms of service, as some "freemail" services may have poor privacy track records. You may find it works best to use an e-mail package that allows mulitiple user IDs and addresses (a.k.a. "personalities", "aliases") so that you do not have to switch between multiple programs to manange and use more than one e-mail address (though you may have to use a Web browser rather than an e-mail program to read your mail in your "throw away" accounts - many freemail providers do not allow POP or IMAP connections). If you are "required" to give an e-mail address to use a site (but will not be required to check your mail for some kind of access code they send you), you can use "someuser@example.com" (example.com is a non-existent site, set up by the Internet standards to be used as an example that will never accidentally coincide with anyone's real e-mail address, which is always a danger if you just make up one off the top of your head.)

Also, gmail is good for that. Wink

My domain is through Yahoo, but my ISP isn't...not anymore anyway.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2009 10:44 PM by Cynth The Poet.)
09-01-2009 10:43 PM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

Morning Ralphie.

Strawberry is just around the corner. Do you ever go?

http://www.hungryformusic.org/
09-02-2009 05:53 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline
A Voice Crying Out In The Wilderness

Every two or three years we go for Labor Day. We're hoping for next year.

Ralphie's Ramblings
09-02-2009 06:19 AM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

(09-02-2009 06:35 AM)Devil's advocate Wrote:  WTF?!! Are we having a manic day today?

Thanks for repeating THAT. Missed you the other day.

09-02-2009 06:44 AM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

M n enema [Image: lol.gif][Image: lol.gif]

09-02-2009 08:25 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline

The green ones always go first!

Ralphie's Ramblings
09-02-2009 08:36 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Morning Folks and lurkers. BEAUTIFUL day here in Capitola, CA. Hope it stays clear for the fireworks show tonight!

Great Hump Day show Ralphie.

Today's thought: "He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless DEAD."

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
09-02-2009 09:46 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Either the Ham Cam is offline, or Ralphie is playing in the dark.Big Grin

09-02-2009 09:49 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline

The power when out here sometime last night, and Elvis Bender forgot to reset the Ham Cam! Wink

Ralphie's Ramblings
09-02-2009 09:55 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

That's your story and your sticking to it! See ya tamale!

09-02-2009 09:56 AM
Devil's advocate Offline
Pig-o-rama lama

(09-02-2009 06:44 AM)bobburney Wrote:  Missed you the other day.

How were you aiming? Scope or iron sites?Huh
09-02-2009 01:45 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

(09-02-2009 01:45 PM)Devil's advocate Wrote:  How were you aiming? Scope or iron sites?Huh

ba-dum... Big Grin

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
09-02-2009 03:55 PM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

(09-01-2009 02:34 PM)pigpappy Wrote:  The Problem With Elvis
Jerry Lee Lewis rocked his ass off! And mine! And there were others. Little Richard may have thought he had to be outrageous because he was black and he wanted to make an impression, or he might have just been that weird on his own, but the little guy just fucking rocked his ass off whenever he played! Good lord, he acted like he was crazy, but he rocked so hard!

Eddie Cochran rocked, and so did Chuck Berry. Fats Domino was rocking way before Elvis, but black singers from New Orleans would never make it onto the national charts, which also meant that we never heard much from Huey “Piano” Smith and no one outside of the black community knew what Ike Turner was up to yet. And there were others, which was a real loss for us white kids at the time. Have you heard the original recording of one of Elvis’ first hits? Have you heard Big Mama Thornton’s original recording of “Hound Dog”? My God, does it rock! Although I don’t think it was rock ‘n’ roll yet. I think there was just a little… too… much… Gospel in it, and that and she was an overweight middle-aged black woman couldn’t have helped. There was so much rock in her recording, but the beat came from handclaps, not drums, so I think it rocks, but it wasn’t Rock.

Unk,
I was a suburban white doofus kid, and in 1966, when I was 14, someone in our local city park system had the musical chops to sign up Ike and Tina Turner AND the Ikettes for our local park youth center. Small room, Ike and Tina, Ikettes, full band, and I was never the same again. They just about killed all of us, and it was so damn good. The same park employee had gotten Eric Burdon and the Animals the year before. I oughta look that person up and thank em.
09-02-2009 05:05 PM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Kinda fun mixing up the DJ's. Hear different styles of music at different times of the day.Smile They may not appreciate it though. Sad . But if we could listen to Ralphie from 2 to 6, the afternoon would go fast. I enjoy his playlist and humor he provides in the morning. Beer I'm sure the morning commuters would never allow it.Undecided

09-02-2009 05:09 PM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

Good morning swinzez,
Good mornin Ralph,

"Growing old is not growing up."
Doug Horton
09-03-2009 06:18 AM
Thread Closed