Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tassajara Recipe Book--What to Make First?
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

Tassajara Recipe Book--What to Make First?
I recently bought myself a copy of the Tassajara Recipe Book and am wondering which of these wonderful recipes I should tackle first. There are a couple of qualifications:

1) Will my daughter eat the dish? (She is notoriously picky and won't eat any veggie that isn't broccoli.)

2) Are the ingredients available at the local Safeway or SaveMart? I can't exactly afford a trip to Whole Paycheck, which is a bit too pricey for me. I can possibly get stuff from the closest Trader Joe's, even though it's in Monterey. However, I'd rather not burn too much in the way of dinosaur bones.

I know it's the lazy way out asking for help with this. But if anyone here has any experience working with the recipes in this book I sure would love to get some input.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
10-28-2009 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
starshyyn Away
pig

RE: Tassajara Recipe Book--What to Make First?
Tassajara Recipe Book -- one of my favorite recipe books! also good is the Tassajara Cooking Book and the Tassajara Bread Book.

1) Only you know best what your daughter will and will not eat. My daughter was the same way, yet still she survived being raised as a vegetarian.

2) Depends on what recipe you are preparing. I've had my copy for almost 30 years and have had any trouble finding ingredients. Most chain grocery stores have a much greater range of products than they did when I bought my copy. If not, substitute and experiment.

If there is a specific recipe that you have questions about, let me know.
10-30-2009 11:09 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

I've never seen the book before but looked at it on Amazon. Saw the table of contents, some of the index and a sampling of recipes. I don't see anything too terribly exotic. And, as Star said, many groceries these days carry things they never used to so shouldn't be too hard to find anything you need.

Erm...that very large pizza is a joke, right? Big Grin
10-30-2009 05:19 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

(10-30-2009 05:19 PM)Monica Wrote:  I've never seen the book before but looked at it on Amazon. Saw the table of contents, some of the index and a sampling of recipes. I don't see anything too terribly exotic. And, as Star said, many groceries these days carry things they never used to so shouldn't be too hard to find anything you need.

Erm...that very large pizza is a joke, right? Big Grin

I think it's meant to serve the whole danged Tassajara crew, visitors, etc. They do take care of a lot of folks who stay there for some enlightenment.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
01-30-2010 03:59 PM