Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
KPIG ON IPHONE USING FSTREAM APP HELP
CHUKAR Offline
Piglet

KPIG ON IPHONE USING FSTREAM APP HELP
does anyone use the Fstream App to listen to the Pig on their iphone?

If so what settings do you use for:

link?

format?

bit rate?

Thanx, Chukar
12-30-2009 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikepellegrini Offline
Former Fattie

RE: KPIG ON IPHONE USING FSTREAM APP HELP
(12-30-2009 11:29 AM)CHUKAR Wrote:  does anyone use the Fstream App to listen to the Pig on their iphone?

If so what settings do you use for:

link?

format?

bit rate?

Thanx, Chukar

Never used Fstream but I use WunderRadio for my iPhone 3G and it works well. It' costs $6.99.

With WunderRadio, you just open the app then go to the search page and enter the name you want. "KPIG" brings up two different streams - RadioTime 3G - a 74 kb stream, and The Stream Center USA 64 kb3G stream. You just click on the one you want and you're in business.

You can add the station as a favorite; it will also take you to the station's web page.

Using the second one (the 64 kb stream), I have found it can get pretty choppy, where it's always stopping to buffer, if the 3G signal isn't great.
12-31-2009 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnnydivot Offline
Piglet

(12-31-2009 05:37 PM)mikepellegrini Wrote:  Never used Fstream but I use WunderRadio for my iPhone 3G and it works well. It' costs $6.99.

With WunderRadio, you just open the app then go to the search page and enter the name you want. "KPIG" brings up two different streams - RadioTime 3G - a 74 kb stream, and The Stream Center USA 64 kb3G stream. You just click on the one you want and you're in business.

You can add the station as a favorite; it will also take you to the station's web page.

Using the second one (the 64 kb stream), I have found it can get pretty choppy, where it's always stopping to buffer, if the 3G signal isn't great.

Hmmm...can't get fstream or wunderradio to work on my ipod touch...what am I doing wrong?
06-05-2010 09:17 AM
garymcgill Offline
Piglet

(06-05-2010 09:17 AM)johnnydivot Wrote:  Hmmm...can't get fstream or wunderradio to work on my ipod touch...what am I doing wrong?

Since march of this year, you must be a paying subscriber to listen to streams on the internet or your iphone. If you are a paying subscriber, sroll down on this page to see the instructions for getting the right stream address on your iphone app.

http://www.kpig.com/listen/index.cfm

(or are you saying you can't get either app to work independent of the KPIG issue?)
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 03:07 PM by garymcgill.)
06-05-2010 03:06 PM
johnnydivot Offline
Piglet

(06-05-2010 03:06 PM)garymcgill Wrote:  Since march of this year, you must be a paying subscriber to listen to streams on the internet or your iphone. If you are a paying subscriber, sroll down on this page to see the instructions for getting the right stream address on your iphone app.

http://www.kpig.com/listen/index.cfm

(or are you saying you can't get either app to work independent of the KPIG issue?)

thanks...I finally figured it out...
06-05-2010 04:29 PM