Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.67 Average
SAVE THE PIG
barndweller Offline
bewildered listener

RE: SAVE THE PIG
I saw a black man with a bible and a sparkler in his hand.
He was holding a tent revival and running a firework stand.
He said the end of the world is coming, you better get on your knees.
Today bottle rockets are two for one, but salvation's free.

He said I quit my job at a big church where the milk and money flowed,
To sell cherry bombs for Jesus in a tent beside the road.
I ain't in it for the money, most cars they pass on by.
But I pay the rent on New Years and the fourth of July.
Here at the...

Chorus:
Holy Ghost (Holy Ghost)
Big Bang theory (Big Bang Theory)
Pentecostal (Pentacostal)
Fire and brimstone (Fire and Brimstone)
Mission Temple Fireworks Stand

Fireworks are dangerous, they can blow up in your face
So you better read the instructions, light the fuse and get away
These things are made in China so it's easy to see
How a man who worships Buddha ain't got no guarantees
This is the...

Chorus

Whoa-o-o-o-o

Bridge:
He said everything I'm selling is all going up in smoke
This world is like an atom bomb, it's ready to explode
When the trumpet sounds and The Lord comes back I promise you one thing
I'll be a human bottle rocket and I'll go out with a bang
I'll leave this...

Chorus

Chorus

Chorus

Chorus
06-26-2010 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pigpappy Offline
Purveyor of Preowned Pork

(06-17-2009 05:30 AM)pigpappy Wrote:  KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMIN' IN !
SAVE THE PIG !!

All about KPIG management.
Buy the Mapleton love nest.

bump

Unkle Sherman
Yer Purveyor Of Pre-Owned Pork
Prohairesis Redneckus
07-03-2010 06:28 PM
boogerracing Offline
Piglet

Save the PIG. Iowa reporting in and love the DJ's and great station. THe PIG needs to stay.
08-11-2010 09:26 AM
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

(07-03-2010 06:28 PM)pigpappy Wrote:  bump

Following the announcment on Facebook, things look worse than ever. Please, please Mapleton don't throw the PIG away Crying

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
08-12-2010 02:17 PM
pigpappy Offline

Unkle Sherman
Prohairesis Redneckus
09-13-2010 12:54 PM
bchmike Offline
Piglet

got a kpig shirt on now and a bumper sticker on the car and i live in florida come on mapleton. im broke and would really like to hear it on the internet again.
09-24-2010 12:38 AM
bchmike Offline
Piglet

remember laura ellen
09-24-2010 12:39 AM
bchmike Offline
Piglet

Sad keep the pig alive what about no djs? oh come on, you have the best station in the country with the only good djs left. KEEP THEM!
09-24-2010 12:56 AM
pigpappy Offline

RE: SAVE THE PIG !! bump
(06-17-2009 05:30 AM)pigpappy Wrote:  KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMIN' IN !
SAVE THE PIG !!

All about KPIG management.
Buy the Mapleton love nest.

Unkle Sherman
Prohairesis Redneckus
11-26-2010 12:50 PM
col the geordie Offline

Just shelled out for the calendar and greatest hits vol 3. Every little bit helps keep the PIG alive

12-05-2010 12:31 PM
UnderTheValleyOfHogBoy Offline
Porkivore

Photo RE: SAVE THE PIG
I remember when the Pig was Fat; Man, those were the days (Daze?)
But then came commercialization, and (gasp) Profits, and other tools of the oppressors. DJ's were forced to conform, playlists were mandatory, and seemingly endless commercial breaks interrupted my porkpleasure.Confused

Now that Mapleton's greed is showing, they're strangling that which made the pig taste good: The swine in the sty. Kinda like cooking the golden goose if'n you ask me.

Grunts to all the good jocks; may they land in the lard somewhere. Thanks for the memories. I hope Mapleton pulls their pork out, but then I always was a dreamer...
01-26-2011 05:36 PM
col the geordie Offline

I love KPIG but please can I have a reduction on my $$ for every time Laurie Roberts is on air, (which unfortunately is becoming more and more frequently). Whilst I'm sure she has a fine distinguished career in Classic Rock Radio, her personality, voice, style of presentation etc. just does not fit in with KPIG. When Ellie Mae takes her well deserved breaks why not let Arden or Vicki loose - both are amazing DJs/presenters, or why not play some of the fascinating KFAT archives which are available. Or hand the station back over to Elvis (I never thought I'd been typing those words) anything but Laurie Roberts.

Now I know that I'm going to be accused of not giving Laurie a chance but I have tried and there is no way if people are honest that anyone can say that she's a natural fit for the STY.

The other argument is that I don't have to listen to her, there are other stations out there. Well that maybe so but I have paid Mapleton for a service and I have been loyal to KPIG for many years, listening here in the UK and because I truly care about the station and this thread is called SAVE THE PIG then I feel that my rant here is justified.

ps If Laurie reads this, just to let you know that it is nothing personal and like I said I know you have and deserve your successful career in radio, just not at this station.

02-01-2011 12:06 PM
pigpappy Offline

(02-01-2011 12:06 PM)col the geordie Wrote:  I love KPIG but please can I have a reduction on my $$ for every time Laurie Roberts is on air, (which unfortunately is becoming more and more frequently). Whilst I'm sure she has a fine distinguished career in Classic Rock Radio, her personality, voice, style of presentation etc. just does not fit in with KPIG. When Ellie Mae takes her well deserved breaks why not let Arden or Vicki loose - both are amazing DJs/presenters, or why not play some of the fascinating KFAT archives which are available. Or hand the station back over to Elvis (I never thought I'd been typing those words) anything but Laurie Roberts.

Now I know that I'm going to be accused of not giving Laurie a chance but I have tried and there is no way if people are honest that anyone can say that she's a natural fit for the STY.

The other argument is that I don't have to listen to her, there are other stations out there. Well that maybe so but I have paid Mapleton for a service and I have been loyal to KPIG for many years, listening here in the UK and because I truly care about the station and this thread is called SAVE THE PIG then I feel that my rant here is justified.

ps If Laurie reads this, just to let you know that it is nothing personal and like I said I know you have and deserve your successful career in radio, just not at this station.
Radio is Radio

Unkle Sherman
Prohairesis Redneckus
02-04-2011 10:52 PM
col the geordie Offline

(02-04-2011 10:52 PM)pigpappy Wrote:  Radio is Radio

And then all of a sudden what was treasured is gone

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

just let me be the first to request that when you're pulling together the KPIG archives, you don't include any Laurie Roberts
Thank, Unkle Sherman

02-07-2011 08:40 AM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

DJ hours
VERY nice to have a DJ until one five day's a week! Hope the trend continues.
Nice hearin' ya Karson!

http://www.hungryformusic.org/
04-07-2011 02:52 PM
barndweller Offline
bewildered listener

04-07-2011 06:14 PM
col the geordie Offline

RE: DJ hours
(04-07-2011 02:52 PM)bobburney Wrote:  VERY nice to have a DJ until one five day's a week! Hope the trend continues.
Nice hearin' ya Karson!

Definitely a step in the right direction

04-10-2011 01:58 PM
wipster Offline
Prime Swine

(02-01-2011 12:06 PM)col the geordie Wrote:  I love KPIG but please can I have a reduction on my $$ for every time Laurie Roberts is on air, (which unfortunately is becoming more and more frequently). Whilst I'm sure she has a fine distinguished career in Classic Rock Radio, her personality, voice, style of presentation etc. just does not fit in with KPIG. When Ellie Mae takes her well deserved breaks why not let Arden or Vicki loose - both are amazing DJs/presenters, or why not play some of the fascinating KFAT archives which are available. Or hand the station back over to Elvis (I never thought I'd been typing those words) anything but Laurie Roberts.

Col, everybody is entitled to their opinion (at least for now... political correctness is rearing it's ugly head on this side of the Atlantic again), but honestly I don't see your problem with Laurie... I think she's fine. Maybe a little "professional" sounding, but that's nothing that taking up smoking and drinkin' a lot of single malt with Guinness chasers ever night can't cure. If she was playing Lady Gaga I'd be with ya, but she plays great music, so get over it my fellow swine and embrace the new Pork!

Wipster
"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city shake." - Plato
"Whole lotta shakin' goin' on." - Jerry Lee Lewis

p.s., my old dog is named Geordie too!

Wipster
"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city will shake" - Plato
"Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" - Jerry Lee Lewis
04-11-2011 09:05 PM
col the geordie Offline

(04-11-2011 09:05 PM)wipster Wrote:  Col, everybody is entitled to their opinion (at least for now... political correctness is rearing it's ugly head on this side of the Atlantic again), but honestly I don't see your problem with Laurie... I think she's fine. Maybe a little "professional" sounding, but that's nothing that taking up smoking and drinkin' a lot of single malt with Guinness chasers ever night can't cure. If she was playing Lady Gaga I'd be with ya, but she plays great music, so get over it my fellow swine and embrace the new Pork!

Wipster
"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city shake." - Plato
"Whole lotta shakin' goin' on." - Jerry Lee Lewis

p.s., my old dog is named Geordie too!

Just personal preference - hey it would be a sad boring world if we all like the same thing. I've learnt to just disappear off whilst Laurie's doing her stuff - she's Mapleton's problem not mine.
I've been listening to the KFAT archives and some of that stuff is amazing.

04-12-2011 10:49 AM
wipster Offline
Prime Swine

(04-12-2011 10:49 AM)col the geordie Wrote:  Just personal preference - hey it would be a sad boring world if we all like the same thing. I've learnt to just disappear off whilst Laurie's doing her stuff - she's Mapleton's problem not mine.
I've been listening to the KFAT archives and some of that stuff is amazing.

You are correct Sir! Hey, she's soundin' good today (must have taken my advise..LOL) and playing good tunes too. Hey, at least we got Karson back, that is great! You can probably catch the latter part of his show on your way to work. It's great to get the 'Pig on your cell phone!

Wipster

Wipster
"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city will shake" - Plato
"Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" - Jerry Lee Lewis
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 02:08 PM by wipster.)
04-12-2011 02:07 PM