Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Vintage Jan 2010 Squeals!
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

RE: Fresh Squeals!
We went to see them at the Mellow Center a while back. They do put on a GREAT show! Was hoping to go to the Rio on New Year's Eve, but life and grandtwins happen. I'll put that on the Bucket List.Confused

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 11:47 AM by clockdoctor.)
01-02-2010 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arden Offline
your friend

it has been several years since I caught a Troubs show. The show, and the band have really evolved. It was a very entertaining, very tight, very well orchestrated show. I was VERY impressed. Antsy really worked it. The show lasted over 3 hours, too!! Confused I am TIRED today! Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 11:54 AM by Arden.)
01-02-2010 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Morning, Mz. A. and assorted swine.

Richard, I just had a couple of eggs over easy on toast this morning so no big shakes. Pancakes sound good.

Sounds like you had a great time last night, Arden.
01-02-2010 11:59 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Happy Saturday Monica!

01-02-2010 12:03 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

Good morning, M
Yes, I must say, it was really the best show I have been to in some time, truly
01-02-2010 12:04 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Happy Saturday backatcha, Richard!

Wow, A. That's saying a lot, because you've been to some really fine shows.
01-02-2010 12:06 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

so, how was your new year's day feast with your SIL and MIL and lobsters and clams?
01-02-2010 12:07 PM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Did members of the audience bring their Pink Flamingos? At the show we went to, someone had a battery powered Neon lit Flamingo that was the hit of out section!

01-02-2010 12:09 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Lobster was delicious! We were a bunch of inexperience noobs with the clams, tho, and the instructions on eating them weren't great so...there are a lot of them left and I'll be using them in a scampi style pasta tonight.

I made hush puppies and cole slaw. Some Alexia frozen fries coz I figured I had enough to tangle with. Actually, Bill ended up cooking the lobsters and clams, so that I was able to get the rest done. It all took a little longer than I thought it was going to.

Made pink grapefruit granita to clear all the butter out of all of our gullets. Had a fresh Meyer lemon and orange ade.

[Image: lobster.jpg]

Bill took the pic.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 12:15 PM by Monica.)
01-02-2010 12:11 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

y'know, M,I really wasn't expecting much. I haven't seen the Troubs in years, because, well, y'know, I saw them many, many times in years past, and after a while, I was beginning to feel like perhaps the schitick was wearing a little thin.
I only went last night because a friend of mine really wanted to go. To my surprise, the show, as I said, was very entertaining, extremely well planned and executed. Antsy had an entire slide show, which was hilarious (he's apparently a pretty dang good graphic artist, as well,) to accompany his act. His band was absolutely cracker-jack, really really good players. Good bass player, good drummer, hilarious keyboardist, absolutely killer guitar and saxophonist, jumpin' hot. They were smokin', and as Antsy did his thing, often addressing the audience at length, they vamped endlessly behind him, and never missed a beat.
Best of all, although it's quite obviously a parody of a lifestyle, rather than being a contemptuous, mean-spirited poke, it is done with great love, honesty and sincerity.
Antsy's genuine affection for small town America, trailer park life, and his audience really comes through in his performance. And ya gotta love a guy who pens an anthem like "Skinny Women Ain't Hip!" Smile
01-02-2010 12:20 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

A very well-written review of the show, A. I do like some of their stuff and Bill thinks he's funny. And really, I do love that Skinny Women Ain't Hip thing. Big Grin

Glad you ended up having a good time, and the show was that excellent, even if it wasn't your idea to go.
01-02-2010 12:25 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

(01-02-2010 12:09 PM)clockdoctor Wrote:  Did members of the audience bring their Pink Flamingos? At the show we went to, someone had a battery powered Neon lit Flamingo that was the hit of out section!

Flamingo-heads were out in full force. There was a neon flamingo here, too, as well as many flamingo shirts, some bowling shirts and tropical shirts, one guy in coveralls that proclaimed "Flamingo Motors - We do Trailers!", several woman dressed for a 60's surburban cul-de-sac ... big hair, aprons, jeweled cat's eye glasses, etc. A whole crowd of women in muu-muus, too. My favorite was a guy in a skinny wife-beater and big wide suspenders with highwater jeans, high top converse, and big, thick black-framed glasses.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 12:37 PM by Arden.)
01-02-2010 12:33 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

(01-02-2010 12:11 PM)Monica Wrote:  Lobster was delicious! We were a bunch of inexperience noobs with the clams, tho, and the instructions on eating them weren't great so...there are a lot of them left and I'll be using them in a scampi style pasta tonight.

I made hush puppies and cole slaw. Some Alexia frozen fries coz I figured I had enough to tangle with. Actually, Bill ended up cooking the lobsters and clams, so that I was able to get the rest done. It all took a little longer than I thought it was going to.

Made pink grapefruit granita to clear all the butter out of all of our gullets. Had a fresh Meyer lemon and orange ade.

Bill took the pic.

Wow!! WHAT a feast!!
Hush puppies, yum.
Pink Grapefruit granita yum yum yum yum
good photo, Bill Smile
glad you had a good time!
01-02-2010 12:36 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Bill picked the dog up and brought her in the house earlier this morning to let her warm up some. The cats were not please. LOL Lucy stayed up on the rafters meowing. Lena hunched her back and hissed a few times, but after she saw us petting and making over Babe, her curiosity got the better of her. She came near enough to check it out but maintained a safe distance.
01-02-2010 12:44 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

It must be really a different energy now that Snotty is gone ... Lena & Lucy rule the roost now!!
01-02-2010 12:49 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Actually the weird thing is that now with Snotty not here, their play seems to devolve into fights more often. They never used to do that. Not bad fights but still.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 12:51 PM by Monica.)
01-02-2010 12:51 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

hmmm, now they are in direct competion with *each other*, instead of being "the new kids", united against Snotty. I take it Lena is the dominant personality?
01-02-2010 01:00 PM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Not really. They both seem to be holding their own. I did figure that they are now trying to establish a pecking order, but the thing is, I think it's pure jealousy sometimes. I try to give them equal amounts of attention. Lucy is the one that's usually all over you if you light for even a moment and demands attention. They both cuddle up with me at night.
01-02-2010 01:12 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

nothin' better than a cuddling kitty on a cold winter's evening
01-02-2010 01:17 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

(01-02-2010 12:11 PM)Monica Wrote:  [Image: lobster.jpg]

Bill took the pic.

what are the wedge-shaped items in the black bowl? are those the fries? and I guess those the hush puppies next to them? what are the items that look like olives?
01-02-2010 01:21 PM
Thread Closed