listenin' from the bluff over Pismo Beach
Praise the Lard
05-02-2010 06:10 AM
Find all posts by this user
Nivek Offline
Tusker

RE: Fresh Squeals for May!!
Good morning all -
Posted this somewhere else yesterday but I thought you might find it interesting, although a day late - worked hard yesterday so's I could coast a bit today.

Weird scenes in the gold mine......

Wednesday I was up in Old Forge for a real estate closing, snow all over, had to wipe off the car to get back.
Today I'm about to go out and mow my lawn and it's going to be 83 degrees.

J is in Virgina Beach - it's already 82 and humid. 5 day senior class trip. She drove a car down to Harrisburg, PA Thursday afternoon and rented a motel room. Another driver picked up the kids with the bus at 10:30 Thursday night, arrived in Harrisburg at 4 am, she was up and out of the room, he got in the room and went to sleep, she continued with the bus to Bush Gardens for the day then onto Virgina Beach where she stays for two days, then drives the kids back stopping for touristing and an overnight in Washington, DC, then home.

Our senior trip was school buses to the local water park for the afternoon.

She's got a brand brand new MCI with all the goodies, except the turn signal is on the floor, she has to use her left foot. Weird.

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:11 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Beautiful photo, A. How was your evening?

Love this Knopfler tune. Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 06:13 AM by Monica.)
05-02-2010 06:12 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Good morning, Tom, good to be heard Smile

I did not take the photo. It is Wizard Island, in Crater Lake National Park

Good morning, Kevin - what a range of weather, eh?

M, I was just exhausted yesterday. Had a cranky evening, too tired to cook, too windy to go for a walk, I ate an unhealthy TJ's junk food dinner and went to bed early ... but now it is morning, and the sun rises over a new day ...

and how was YOUR evening?? Smile
05-02-2010 06:16 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

So a brief update -
J just called - I could tell she was at the beach - she says (with the ocean in the back ground) that they have "doin's" going on - there's big seafood breakfast spreads and bands playing - at 9:00 am. She has to fuel her bus and pick up the kids at 10 and then off to the Smithsonian in Washington. Stay over night (they are going on the nite tour of all the monuments which is a very cool tour) and then head home. I miss her even though she's gotta' move out when she comes back. Weird.

Got an inclining the boss is going to close the office in a week or so. In 2 weeks I may be no longer working at that law office. I'm never unemployed, just some time not stabley and predictably employed!!! LOL

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:18 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Your J certainly keeps ahoppin', Kevin Smile

Fingers crossed for your employment situation!
05-02-2010 06:22 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

Another update - she just called again and said the lobster quiche was excellent. She's such an a**hole sometimes!!!! LOL

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:22 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Oddly enough, I conked out in the middle of your show yesterday and slept until 5. Jumped up when I realized how late it was and got dinner going. We watched Food Inc. last night. Not nearly as hard hitting as it should have been, I think. Could have been better if they were trying to reach people who don't already know this stuff.
05-02-2010 06:23 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

I've always liked powerful, independent women. Woosy woman with painted nails and makeup all the time just don't do a thing for me. (Well an occasional night out spiff-up is fun though, don't get me wrong)

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:25 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

Actually Monica, those in the know say that a good nap, even in the middle of the day (well when does one take a nap) is a very helpful and healthy thing. Many cultures embrace the mid-day nap.

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:27 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(05-02-2010 06:22 AM)Nivek Wrote:  Another update - she just called again and said the lobster quiche was excellent. She's such an a**hole sometimes!!!! LOL

she obviously misses you, too! Smile
05-02-2010 06:29 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(05-02-2010 06:27 AM)Nivek Wrote:  Actually Monica, those in the know say that a good nap, even in the middle of the day (well when does one take a nap) is a very helpful and healthy thing. Many cultures embrace the mid-day nap.

I want to live where they embrace the 4 day work week as well as the mid day siesta
05-02-2010 06:30 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(05-02-2010 06:23 AM)Monica Wrote:  Oddly enough, I conked out in the middle of your show yesterday and slept until 5. Jumped up when I realized how late it was and got dinner going. We watched Food Inc. last night. Not nearly as hard hitting as it should have been, I think. Could have been better if they were trying to reach people who don't already know this stuff.

that's usually the case with such documentaries, i.e., they are preaching to the choir ... after all, those are the folks most likely to be attracted to the subject matter ...

so, what did you make for dinner last night?
05-02-2010 06:33 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

I'll just say dinner last night was meat and leave it at that, 'k? Smile

The problem with the nap was it left me with way too much to do still today. [Image: smilierollingeyespiggie.gif]
05-02-2010 06:36 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

well, I understand that, but if ya gotta catch some zzzzzz's, ya gotta
05-02-2010 06:41 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

btw, I had already figured your dinner was probably meat!!
05-02-2010 06:43 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

(05-02-2010 06:29 AM)Arden Wrote:  she obviously misses you, too! Smile

She just called AGAIN. She snagged a bagle with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a thin slice of red onion for her lunch tonight. WHY does she keep taunting me like this, knowing it's my favorite bagel. Smile
No more calls until Washington so I have a brief repreieve. And now I'm starving......Tongue

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:46 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(05-02-2010 06:46 AM)Nivek Wrote:  She just called AGAIN. She snagged a bagle with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a thin slice of red onion for her lunch tonight. WHY does she keep taunting me like this, knowing it's my favorite bagel. Smile
No more calls until Washington so I have a brief repreieve. And now I'm starving......Tongue

guess you'd better get some breakfast rustled up for yourself ...
05-02-2010 06:47 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

(05-02-2010 06:30 AM)Arden Wrote:  I want to live where they embrace the 4 day work week as well as the mid day siesta
If I ran for President, that would be a key part of my platform. I think I would win. No one else is even discussing the issue. It's green, it's good.

And life goes on
05-02-2010 06:49 AM
Thread Closed