Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live the Strawberry Way
dennis speer Offline
Piglet

Live the Strawberry Way
[/font]My wife and I have a huge house in Santa Cruz and have some rooms available for folks wanting to live The Strawberry Way. Don't know just how to describe it but know it when I see it.
Every time we leave Strawberry we sigh because we have not been able to live that way all the time. Our 7 bedroom house gives us the chance to create an enclave of Strawberry. We do shared food, shared chores, and work to have our 9 person household be a caring environment. We try to have about half students and half not here.
All utilities are covered and we have fireplace, piano, free washer and dryer and 1500sft organic vegie garden on our 1/3 acre downtown Santa Cruz lot. I keep getting folks responding to my ads that just don't get the idea of co-operative living and either don't want to share or don't understand personal responsibility. A second generation Stawberry Staff person came by to check out the house with his staff shirt on and it reminded me all I really should need to say about this place is that we run it the Stawberry Way. Rent on the rooms range from $685 to $735 and the shared food is "all you can eat of whatever you want to eat for $4.30 per day". Of course, if the house opts to go all organic it will rise. No tobacco smoking alllowed, otherwise "Don't Ask, Don't Smell".
We only do the Spring Strawberry because in my divorce from my first wife she got Fall and I got Spring. We missed the last two due to LOM
(Lack Of Money) but will not let that happen again.
Write me here, or directly to dennis_speer@hotmail.com. I have 3 rooms I am trying to fill up, one right now, two in August, and I am anxious to at least have someone until Sept first when I have a real cool woman UC student moving into a room. Currently: a 19 yrold woman UC student(always at boyfriends), 40 something tradesman, 30 something guy writer/bookkeeper, 30 something woman with local job, and then me and my main squeeze in our 60's essentially.
07-10-2010 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply