Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
the story BP isn't telling us
Arden Offline
your friend

the story BP isn't telling us
Rather than actually clean up the spill, BP had decided to "disperse" it, using carcinogenic compounds that make the original problem thousands of times worse than it was (if such a thing can be imagined)
Read all about it in the July 23rd issue of Rolling Stone,
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...how_page=1
07-28-2010 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RJonez Offline
Piglet

RE: the story BP isn't telling us
(07-28-2010 03:05 PM)Arden Wrote:  Rather than actually clean up the spill, BP had decided to "disperse" it, using carcinogenic compounds that make the original problem thousands of times worse than it was (if such a thing can be imagined)
Read all about it in the July 23rd issue of Rolling Stone,
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...how_page=1

Evidently, the vanished oil has just been found matting the bottom of the gulf two inches deep, laying in a mat over the dead bodies of many creatures. "Scientists were surprised", according to Murdoch News...Angry
09-14-2010 01:10 PM
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

(09-14-2010 01:10 PM)RJonez Wrote:  Evidently, the vanished oil has just been found matting the bottom of the gulf two inches deep, laying in a mat over the dead bodies of many creatures. "Scientists were surprised", according to Murdoch News...Angry

It's time that the world woke up - the easy oil is gone and if we wish to carry one with our present lifestyle, the oil required is in deep water or other areas where the ecology is so fragile that any drilling or even exploration causes massive damage. We can either go down the route of "drill, baby drill" or get real and start living in a style that our beautiful planet can sustain.
Let the PIG carry the message (although I can't imagine Mapleton living with that one)

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
09-15-2010 03:40 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

I've been doing tons of research for my Masters program on Organizational Leadership, and BP comes up way too frequently when dealing with accountability (or what passes for such). Their CSR is shite (to be British about it all) and they can't put together anything to satisfy even the most meager of sustainability requirements.

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
09-16-2010 12:20 AM