Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Vintage Squeals for August!!
webhog Offline
Bit Mangler

Rainbow Vintage Squeals for August!!
Yet another month... time keeps on ticking, ticking ticking... into the *future*... <doot doo dah-dah>

Beer
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 01:17 AM by webhog.)
08-01-2010 02:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arden Offline
your friend

RE: Fresh Squeals for August!!
ahhhh, I love the smell of fresh PIG squeals in the morning!!

Happy August, all!

and a very good morning (afternoon, evening) to ya, as well!!
08-01-2010 06:06 AM
Find all posts by this user
Deborah Offline
Hog

Good morning Arden and everyone else.

Thanks to you and Monica I added the orange zest to the cookies yesterday and they were the best ever!
08-01-2010 06:10 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Goood morning, Deborah!
So glad to hear it!! Big Grin
I think the zest really "perks it up" Smile
08-01-2010 06:18 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

and what tea do YOU have this morning? Smile

I brewed some milk oolong at home, and brought it with me, but, (although it is too hot to taste just yet,) I think this particular batch had already been brewed enough, and it's now probably too weak. Sad
But if it is, I also brought some red dragon pearl, just in case the milk oolong is played out, so, I'm covered, Smile ...
you have been inspirational to me ... lately, I haven't been paying much attention to what tea I have at work, it's so much easier and better brewing loose tea at home, but all this talk of tea while I'm working has made me discontented with whatever happens to be hanging around in tea bags ... yesterday, after drinking that Stash white peach wuyi oolong, I just thought "Yuck! I am bringing some real tea tomorrow!" ... and so I did! Smile
08-01-2010 06:32 AM
pma Offline
Porker

Morning Arden and all the pigs out there.
08-01-2010 06:34 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Good morning, Paul, good to see you! How are you? Happy Sunday to ya!!
08-01-2010 06:36 AM
Deborah Offline
Hog

(08-01-2010 06:32 AM)Arden Wrote:  and what tea do YOU have this morning? Smile

I brewed some milk oolong at home, and brought it with me, but, (although it is too hot to taste just yet,) I think this particular batch had already been brewed enough, and it's now probably too weak. Sad
But if it is, I also brought some red dragon pearl, just in case the milk oolong is played out, so, I'm covered, Smile ...
you have been inspirational to me ... lately, I haven't been paying much attention to what tea I have at work, it's so much easier and better brewing loose tea at home, but all this talk of tea while I'm working has made me discontented with whatever happens to be hanging around in tea bags ... yesterday, after drinking that Stash white peach wuyi oolong, I just thought "Yuck! I am bringing some real tea tomorrow!" ... and so I did! Smile

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently drinking Milk Oolong. It has been a week or so since I last had any. I wasn't sure what I would have next but now I think it will be the Red Dragon Pearl with some dried orange.

Did you ever try the Ali Shan?
08-01-2010 06:38 AM
pma Offline
Porker

(08-01-2010 06:36 AM)Arden Wrote:  Good morning, Paul, good to see you! How are you? Happy Sunday to ya!!

Happy Sunday to you. How am I? lets see... threw my back out yesterday, got an unwanted "leave of absence"(sp) from my job on Friday. So all things considered. I am OK. I am gonna try to enjoy some time off. even if lasts a while.

Hows by you?
08-01-2010 06:45 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(08-01-2010 06:38 AM)Deborah Wrote:  GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently drinking Milk Oolong. It has been a week or so since I last had any. I wasn't sure what I would have next but now I think it will be the Red Dragon Pearl with some dried orange.

Did you ever try the Ali Shan?

Nope, haven't tried it yet, I've just been waiting for the right moment to savor it - what about you, have you tried it yet??
don't worry, I won't forget to give you the "tea report" as soon as I do, lol ... Smile
seems like this milk oolong had one more brew in it, after all ...
and I have to admit, even on the weak side, it's a vast improvement over either of the bagged teas I happen to have on hand here ...
08-01-2010 06:52 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(08-01-2010 06:45 AM)pma Wrote:  Happy Sunday to you. How am I? lets see... threw my back out yesterday, got an unwanted "leave of absence"(sp) from my job on Friday. So all things considered. I am OK. I am gonna try to enjoy some time off. even if lasts a while.

Hows by you?

OH NO!!! I am SO sorry to hear this, hope you are not in TOO much pain!!
Have you thrown your back out before?
Perhaps a natural response to being laid off, OH DEAR
you are really going through it!!

But I admire your attitude, and I hope you will enjoy some down time.

I am okay, this workin' 6 days a week thing is whippin' my ol' butt, it's hard to have a life when you are workin' all the time, but other than that ...
08-01-2010 06:56 AM
pma Offline
Porker

(08-01-2010 06:56 AM)Arden Wrote:  OH NO!!! I am SO sorry to hear this, hope you are not in TOO much pain!!
Have you thrown your back out before?
Perhaps a natural response to being laid off, OH DEAR
you are really going through it!!

But I admire your attitude, and I hope you will enjoy some down time.

I am okay, this workin' 6 days a week thing is whippin' my ol' butt, it's hard to have a life when you are workin' all the time, but other than that ...
I broke my back, fractured L1 and L2, years ago when I still wore a tool belt. over the years it has gotten worse. I never wanted to opt for surgery so its just something I put up with. It will heal over a weeks time or so. I am just pissed because I am missing out on some good golf time. The lay off is really kinda welcome. I am trying to talk my wife into us going out to New Mexico. I really want to retire out there so now is a good time to search out some land.
08-01-2010 07:03 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

(08-01-2010 07:03 AM)pma Wrote:  I broke my back, fractured L1 and L2, years ago when I still wore a tool belt. over the years it has gotten worse. I never wanted to opt for surgery so its just something I put up with. It will heal over a weeks time or so. I am just pissed because I am missing out on some good golf time. The lay off is really kinda welcome. I am trying to talk my wife into us going out to New Mexico. I really want to retire out there so now is a good time to search out some land.

well, sounds like you are coping well, it's still no fun ... Owwwwwwwww ... listening to music helps pass the time while you're immobilized, any request this morning? Big Grin

"the Land of Enchantment," eh? never been myself, but I hear it's beautiful. Friend of mine lives in Santa Fe, absolutely loves it.
08-01-2010 07:07 AM
pma Offline
Porker

(08-01-2010 07:07 AM)Arden Wrote:  well, sounds like you are coping well, it's still no fun ... Owwwwwwwww ... listening to music helps pass the time while you're immobilized, any request this morning? Big Grin

"the Land of Enchantment," eh? never been myself, but I hear it's beautiful. Friend of mine lives in Santa Fe, absolutely loves it.

Any Dead music is good for me! Santa Fe is nice but to pricey and hip for me. I am looking in the Silver City region. In the SW corner. I really like Altos Pinos area. Nice and quiet and it hasn't been "discovered" yet. Still real western.
08-01-2010 07:11 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

I have friends who "almost" bought land there. (Silver City area) However, after being bitten by a rattlesnake while exploring their potential new home, they wound up moving to Oregon instead, lol!
well, if you are a dead-head, I'm sure you are aware of the fact that today is Jerry Garcia's birthday, which I was planning on honoring, anyway. But maybe you have a specific suggestion, with regards to Jerry's b-day?
08-01-2010 07:16 AM
pma Offline
Porker

(08-01-2010 07:16 AM)Arden Wrote:  I have friends who "almost" bought land there. (Silver City area) However, after being bitten by a rattlesnake while exploring their potential new home, they wound up moving to Oregon instead, lol!
well, if you are a dead-head, I'm sure you are aware of the fact that today is Jerry Garcia's birthday, which I was planning on honoring, anyway. But maybe you have a specific suggestion, with regards to Jerry's b-day?
You gotta watch them snakes! I have never been bit but seen quite a few of them.
I know its Jerry's bday and I figured you would play some of his music. How about something from "old and in the way"?
08-01-2010 07:20 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Paul, you got it Smile
08-01-2010 07:22 AM
pma Offline
Porker

(08-01-2010 07:22 AM)Arden Wrote:  Paul, you got it Smile

Thank You Arden! Cool
08-01-2010 07:36 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

That's sum purdy Raul this morning, Mz. A. Smile

How was your evening at Geoffrey's performance?

Morning, all piggies. Paul I am so sorry to hear about the unintended LOA and your back. Like A. said, though, sounds like you are making the best of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Morning, Deb! Glad your cookies came out to your liking. Which recipe did you use then?
08-01-2010 07:42 AM
Deborah Offline
Hog

[

Morning, Deb! Glad your cookies came out to your liking. Which recipe did you use then?
[/quote]

Good morning Monica,
I used the tollhouse recipe and added an extra 1/4 cup flour (based on a review), which was a good thing since a lot of it ended up on the counter instead of the bowl and added the zest of most of one orange. I made them into bars instead of cookies because it was easier. Quite yummy! I let my daughter do almost all the work and she was very happy. I imagine we will be making them again next weekend Big Grin
08-01-2010 07:46 AM
Thread Closed