Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bay Area will miss you & then some
reddibbo Offline
Piglet

Bay Area will miss you & then some
KPIG, While your broadcast notification today that KPIG 1510 AM in the Bay Area will stop this weekend, this is not a simple business decision on your part. The listeners here have put up with lousy service and yet still supported your advertisers. To pull a 'business' decision such as this, with no heads up, is just rude. I could very easily go bad mouth here. Yet will take the not so low road. As a former listener of KFAT 30 years ago, this to will pass. You could have made this work. Personally I believe your marketing crew and station management blew it here. Hire better staff that can get the broadcast to work, then the sales people will be able to do their job. Then maybe the situation here would haved worked. You have already made the decision, so all I may say here is, I will see you money grubbing HELL.
08-12-2010 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pigpappy Offline
Purveyor of Preowned Pork

RE: Bay Area will miss you & then some
(08-12-2010 07:04 PM)reddibbo Wrote:  KPIG, While your broadcast notification today that KPIG 1510 AM in the Bay Area will stop this weekend, this is not a simple business decision on your part. The listeners here have put up with lousy service and yet still supported your advertisers. To pull a 'business' decision such as this, with no heads up, is just rude. I could very easily go bad mouth here. Yet will take the not so low road. As a former listener of KFAT 30 years ago, this to will pass. You could have made this work. Personally I believe your marketing crew and station management blew it here. Hire better staff that can get the broadcast to work, then the sales people will be able to do their job. Then maybe the situation here would haved worked. You have already made the decision, so all I may say here is, I will see you money grubbing HELL.
Gracias,
We'll miss ya'll city folks too...

Unkle Sherman
Yer Purveyor Of Pre-Owned Pork
Prohairesis Redneckus
08-13-2010 08:22 PM
jbsf Offline
Piglet

RE: Bay Area will miss you & then some
I was a bit surprised with the short notice for taking KPIG 1510 AM off the dial - and will miss having the pig in my ear here in SF.

Hoping that Mapleton can find a presence for 'da pig on the Bay Area FM dial - but that's not easy and will take time, lots of money (that they might not want to pony up), and FCC hoops to jump through as well.

I'm thinking of signing up for the pay-stream but must find out first: I have a computer in bedroom/office; -and- a laptop in living room to feed my stereo - will I be able to stream from more than one computer with sign-up? Anyone know?

Would appreciate finding out and I see no topic discussing pay-stream. Is there a squeal topic/thread? If so can anyone point it out?

I can always mail management my pay-stream questions as well.

For now I'm pig-less and missing 1510 AM this Monday :-(
08-16-2010 10:25 AM