Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sad to lose 1510 AM!
kibosh Offline
Piglet

Sad to lose 1510 AM!
DAMN! I should have listened more than I did, the AM fidelity sucked but I was getting over that, now I'm unemployed and at home, I was listening to 1510 a lot more; one, because it was great radio, and two, because KFOG is becoming unlistenable except for the specialty programming, too much repetition, the advent of 103.7 "The Band", another tired, automated "classic rock" jukebox has gotten KFOG to reign in their playlist tighter and tighter in a ratings war. When I heard Chinese last Sunday on 1510, I was praying it was just a temporary transmitter upgrade, but now it's gone, baby gone. Are you folks shopping for an FM frequency? How about 92.3, the Bay Area doesn't need two "alternative" stations. KPIG is the real alternative, radio in the tradition of the stations I grew up with, KSAN, KMPX, KKCY and KFAT. I'm cursed with the memory of great FM radio. Would Mapleton consider a "public/private partnership"? That is, loyal listeners could help chip in to purchase a Bay Area presence once more, on FM this time around. Music is dead on AM. I'll be in the Monterey area more, because my kid will be attending CSU Monterey Bay, so I'll get you down there and I'll consider subscribing on-line. I sincerely hope this is temporary.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 04:49 PM by kibosh.)
08-17-2010 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BikeMike17 Offline
Piglet

RE: Sad to lose 1510 AM!
I am saddened that the PIG didn't make it here in the Bay Area. I didn't think the AM side of the dial was the right place, but better then not at all. It truly sucks to be without, as there is no station worth listening to now that the PIG is gone. Long live 107oink5.
08-26-2010 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply