Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Fresh Squeals for October!
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

Heart Fresh Squeals for October!
Well, yesterday was not a wonderful day for my daughter. She ended up hitting her head on the playground equipment, but I didn't know about this until after I picked her up from school. She ended up with amnesia, and I had to take her to the ER. It took hours for her to be seen by a doctor, and by then the MRI folks had gone home. I was told to just keep her from going to school for today, then she could return on Friday (thank the Lard it's a minimum day week).

I searched for advice online, and one medical advice site told me that the best thing to do would be to introduce her to everything she loves to do to jog her memory. One thing at a time...sigh. The nachos I made her yesterday brought back some of her long-term memory, but she's still having trouble with the short-term part. It was a victory for her to remember when my birthday is without any prompting other than a basic question.

Since she loves SF so much, I thought that after school I could drive us both to at least catch one of the last acts at HSB 10. The short trip back and forth will do her good, and she really does love the City. I'd pretty much do anything for her at this point.

Keep her in your good thoughts--for those so inclined, prayers will help a lot. She's a wonderful, bright girl and she has a wonderful future ahead of her, especially in music as her voice is so pure when she sings. That and a really great sense of humor, which is coming back to her.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 03:17 PM by webhog.)
10-01-2010 12:06 AM
Find all posts by this user
Brother Ralphie Offline
A Voice Crying Out In The Wilderness

RE: Fresh Squeals for September!
Cynth, that's awful...definitely sending prayers your way!

Ralphie's Ramblings
10-01-2010 05:59 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline

And I believe it's time for some Fresh Squeals as we slip quietly into October! Smile

Ralphie's Ramblings
10-01-2010 06:01 AM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

Fresh Squeals for October!
Gooooooooooood mornin swinez,

Cynth--best wishes for the daughter's speedy recovery

"You can't plan for the future, because some guy's going to land in a spaceship with three heads and a big beak and take over everything. "
Paul Kantner

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
10-01-2010 06:12 AM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

Hey PIGs--I'm having lots of buffering stops in the stream the last few days--seems to be getting worse. I've run other streams and they aren't doing that---anyone else experiencing this??????
10-01-2010 06:14 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline

(10-01-2010 06:14 AM)Pretender Wrote:  Hey PIGs--I'm having lots of buffering stops in the stream the last few days--seems to be getting worse. I've run other streams and they aren't doing that---anyone else experiencing this??????

We've been getting lots of complaints the last few days about that...the powers that be have been notified, but, as you might expect, nothing has been done about it! I believe that's number 11 of the Mapleton Way..."who cares, as long as we have their money" Angry

Ralphie's Ramblings
10-01-2010 06:38 AM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

(10-01-2010 06:38 AM)Brother Ralphie Wrote:  We've been getting lots of complaints the last few days about that...the powers that be have been notified, but, as you might expect, nothing has been done about it! I believe that's number 11 of the Mapleton Way..."who cares, as long as we have their money" Angry

Hey, Ralphie, go out back and see if the generator hamster's doin ok Undecided
10-01-2010 07:01 AM
Brother Ralphie Offline

(10-01-2010 07:01 AM)Pretender Wrote:  Hey, Ralphie, go out back and see if the generator hamster's doin ok Undecided

I just gave him fresh water, but even he is tired of spinning his wheel(s)! Wink

Ralphie's Ramblings
10-01-2010 07:07 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Is Helen Waite working today in customer service?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
10-01-2010 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Brother Ralphie Offline

(10-01-2010 07:46 AM)clockdoctor Wrote:  Is Helen Waite working today in customer service?

You betcha! Big Grin

Ralphie's Ramblings
10-01-2010 07:59 AM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

(10-01-2010 06:14 AM)Pretender Wrote:  Hey PIGs--I'm having lots of buffering stops in the stream the last few days--seems to be getting worse. I've run other streams and they aren't doing that---anyone else experiencing this??????
I don't seem to have the problem at home on the iMac. But at work, where I am MOST of the time, on a PC running XP it is noticeable.
There was some FlashPlayer program update a few weeks back. I lost animation features on my website until the web guru could fix that. So it might be a problem with the players we have on our PCs (?).
I really don't know, just grabbing at straws. Trying to stay home longer so I can listen to a good stream. Big Grin But alas, I must get going and go to work.

GO GIANTS!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 10:18 AM by clockdoctor.)
10-01-2010 08:01 AM
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

(10-01-2010 08:01 AM)clockdoctor Wrote:  I don't seem to have the problem at home on the iMac. But at work, where I am MOST of the time, on a PC running XP it is noticeable.
There was some FlashPlayer program update a few weeks back. I lost animation features on my website until the web guru could fix that. So it might be a problem with the players we have on our PCs (?).
I really don't know, just grabbing at straws. Trying to stay home longer so I can listen to a good stream. Big Grin But alas, I must get going and go to work.

GO GIANTS!

No problems over here in the UK - KPIG has streamed right across the US, jumped into the Atlantic and swam the ocean, then burrowed its way through Ireland, followed by a quick paddle across the Irish Sea and landed safe and sound in Liverpool - now that's got to be worth my $50.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
10-01-2010 11:43 AM
webhog Offline
Bit Mangler

RE: Fresh Squeals for October!
ooops, says the webhog, I forgot to split off a new thread last night.

and in the process of splitting, I may have lost one or two posts, solly about that.
10-01-2010 03:21 PM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

(10-01-2010 03:21 PM)webhog Wrote:  ooops, says the webhog, I forgot to split off a new thread last night.

and in the process of splitting, I may have lost one or two posts, solly about that.
Would love to say "You"re Fired", but you are a valuable, underpaid asset to this board. Confused See ya next month if not sooner. Smile

10-01-2010 03:31 PM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

(10-01-2010 03:31 PM)clockdoctor Wrote:  Would love to say "You"re Fired", but you are a valuable, underpaid asset to this board. Confused See ya next month if not sooner. Smile

I say double his pay! I'm sure management will allow that.

http://www.hungryformusic.org/
10-01-2010 03:47 PM
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

Interesting timing on that message from the Governator. 4:20. Well done Ramblin"

10-01-2010 04:23 PM
pigpappy Offline
Purveyor of Preowned Pork

Tio Shermano - Sat 3pm
TUNE IN TURN ON GIT PIGGY WID' IT !
[Image: 27000_120484141298234_100000099471574_28...4651_n.jpg]
No HSBG, No beads, Pipes or posters !
Los Cochinos Grande !!

Unkle Sherman
Yer Purveyor Of Pre-Owned Pork
Prohairesis Redneckus
10-01-2010 06:56 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

(10-01-2010 03:47 PM)bobburney Wrote:  I say double his pay! I'm sure management will allow that.

Here, here!!
10-01-2010 08:36 PM
webhog Offline
Bit Mangler

how much would y'all freak if I replaced this squeals forum with something completely different?

I'm looking at a completely different implementation these squeals, trying to get it back to what it originally was supposed to be, a latest message on top style message board, rather than the 'forum' format we have here with threads and all..

I'll bring it up for testing when I'm ready and see what you think. I know change is hard, but the navigation on this thing is kind of broken, the shortcut thats supposed to take you to last unread message is broken, etc.
10-02-2010 12:51 AM
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

(10-02-2010 12:51 AM)webhog Wrote:  how much would y'all freak if I replaced this squeals forum with something completely different?

I'm looking at a completely different implementation these squeals, trying to get it back to what it originally was supposed to be, a latest message on top style message board, rather than the 'forum' format we have here with threads and all..

I'll bring it up for testing when I'm ready and see what you think. I know change is hard, but the navigation on this thing is kind of broken, the shortcut thats supposed to take you to last unread message is broken, etc.

Wow, what does any of that mean - it's all way over my head. Go for it Webhog what could possibly go wrong?

BeerBeer

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
10-02-2010 02:28 AM
Thread Closed