Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Fresh Squeals for October!
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

RE: Fresh Squeals for October!
Good bye machines and Good morning Humans where ever you are.

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
10-02-2010 05:57 AM
Find all posts by this user
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

Up early this morning Ellie. Nice to hear you.

http://www.hungryformusic.org/
10-02-2010 06:27 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

I know I may be yelled at but KPIG is the only station that demands money to listen to it I can listen to KRSH, Folk Alley, MVY and others, all for free (yes I donate) and their websites are so much better. Nothing to do with Webhog, but REALLY...... Come on Amy, come on Seth.... REALLY......

And life goes on
10-02-2010 07:20 AM
diemaster Offline
Hog

I would really love it, myself. It would be alot more easy to find and keep up with. You could just click on it and you would be right there. Then you could scroll back if wanted to see were the conversation had been.
(10-02-2010 12:51 AM)webhog Wrote:  how much would y'all freak if I replaced this squeals forum with something completely different?

I'm looking at a completely different implementation these squeals, trying to get it back to what it originally was supposed to be, a latest message on top style message board, rather than the 'forum' format we have here with threads and all..

I'll bring it up for testing when I'm ready and see what you think. I know change is hard, but the navigation on this thing is kind of broken, the shortcut thats supposed to take you to last unread message is broken, etc.
10-02-2010 08:05 AM
diemaster Offline
Hog

My prayers to your little one Cynth.
(10-01-2010 12:06 AM)Cynth The Poet Wrote:  Well, yesterday was not a wonderful day for my daughter. She ended up hitting her head on the playground equipment, but I didn't know about this until after I picked her up from school. She ended up with amnesia, and I had to take her to the ER. It took hours for her to be seen by a doctor, and by then the MRI folks had gone home. I was told to just keep her from going to school for today, then she could return on Friday (thank the Lard it's a minimum day week).

I searched for advice online, and one medical advice site told me that the best thing to do would be to introduce her to everything she loves to do to jog her memory. One thing at a time...sigh. The nachos I made her yesterday brought back some of her long-term memory, but she's still having trouble with the short-term part. It was a victory for her to remember when my birthday is without any prompting other than a basic question.

Since she loves SF so much, I thought that after school I could drive us both to at least catch one of the last acts at HSB 10. The short trip back and forth will do her good, and she really does love the City. I'd pretty much do anything for her at this point.

Keep her in your good thoughts--for those so inclined, prayers will help a lot. She's a wonderful, bright girl and she has a wonderful future ahead of her, especially in music as her voice is so pure when she sings. That and a really great sense of humor, which is coming back to her.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2010 08:11 AM by diemaster.)
10-02-2010 08:10 AM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

(10-02-2010 12:51 AM)webhog Wrote:  how much would y'all freak if I replaced this squeals forum with something completely different?

I'm looking at a completely different implementation these squeals, trying to get it back to what it originally was supposed to be, a latest message on top style message board, rather than the 'forum' format we have here with threads and all..

I'll bring it up for testing when I'm ready and see what you think. I know change is hard, but the navigation on this thing is kind of broken, the shortcut thats supposed to take you to last unread message is broken, etc.

Of course we'll freak--but that's what keeps life from bein so dull---I say DO IT !!!!!!!!! ConfusedConfused
10-02-2010 08:50 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

My two cents is I like this format for the board. It's been working out just fine and I like that it categorizes the threads which makes it a little easier to go back and find something. However, if it's causing you a lot of work in the background, webhog, then by all means find something that won't require a whole lotta futzing around with.

Kev...I'm not going to yell at you but just jar your memory a bit. For years we've been asking for a way that allowed us to support the feed directly. We now have it and I'm glad for it. I've only experienced one or two incidences of down time since I ponyed up the dough and they were taken care of very quickly, unlike times in the past and I would think during the time that folks were paying for it thru Real from the comments I heard at the time.

If you think any of those other stations even come close to the PIG and are going to remain free indefinitely, have at it.
10-02-2010 08:58 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Cynth, sending light and healing for your daughter, and peace to your mind. I know it must be terribly scary for you right now. I'm wondering why someone from the school didn't do anything about it immediately, and would certainly be asking them about it.
10-02-2010 09:00 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

Well, for my opinion, this current board is way too complicated, is not so user friendly. My local newspapers have clean and concise easy to use boards, other radio stations the same. Way too many bells and whistles - in my humble opinion. So Webhog, if you want to change this to just a bare bones board, without the "Well it's a new month so we have to start from scratch" thing, you have my support.

And life goes on
10-02-2010 09:10 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

(10-02-2010 08:58 AM)Monica Wrote:  Kev...I'm not going to yell at you but just jar your memory a bit. For years we've been asking for a way that allowed us to support the feed directly. We now have it and I'm glad for it. I've only experienced one or two incidences of down time since I ponyed up the dough and they were taken care of very quickly, unlike times in the past and I would think during the time that folks were paying for it thru Real from the comments I heard at the time.

If you think any of those other stations even come close to the PIG and are going to remain free indefinitely, have at it.

Well Monica, I beg to differ. There are many very fine radio stations I enjoy listening to. They all stream for free and again, have great web sites and fantastic DJ's and they are all for free. Nothing against KPIG, which I think is great, but KPIG is the only one that charges. Just sayin'. How can all the rest have so much fun for free and survive and KPIG has to charge? Fortunatly, I have over 200 tapes of KPIG, but I have a huge "moral" issue of spending the money - I do have the money - but it's the principal of the thing.

And life goes on
10-02-2010 09:18 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

Cynth -
I am so sorry to hear of this. I will offer this advice - FOOD. Make some of her favorite dinners. Good food at a dinner table does bring back memories.
Good luck and prayers to both of you.

And life goes on
10-02-2010 09:21 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

(10-02-2010 09:18 AM)Nivek Wrote:  Well Monica, I beg to differ. There are many very fine radio stations I enjoy listening to. They all stream for free and again, have great web sites and fantastic DJ's and they are all for free. Nothing against KPIG, which I think is great, but KPIG is the only one that charges. Just sayin'. How can all the rest have so much fun for free and survive and KPIG has to charge? Fortunatly, I have over 200 tapes of KPIG, but I have a huge "moral" issue of spending the money - I do have the money - but it's the principal of the thing.

So don't. Enough of us are that we beat the ad revenue and are helping keep the station alive.

As far as the board is concerned, this is an extremely format to use. You've had difficulty with it from day one and haven't seem to overcome that so I think it's a PICNIC rather than a problem with the board itself.
10-02-2010 09:31 AM
Nivek Offline
Tusker

And Monica, while we are at it - there are web cams all over our area, some in remote areas, that stream flawless all the time. KPIG can't keep even one up and running. I understand the owners (Maple) don't give a crap, but even this minimalistic shouldn't be that hard. You know it is the 21'st century and KPIG is one of the greatest stations. Why can't the dots connect?

On a more pleasant note Monica - kids and I picked a bushel of apples from an organic apple orchard. Made pies and apple sauce.

Daughter in tree with Ajna "Dad, where's your bow and arrow?"
[Image: AppleOrchard001.jpg]

Son in Law (Greatful Dad T-Shirt), daughter and granddaughter and son.

[Image: AppleOrchard005.jpg]

And life goes on
10-02-2010 09:38 AM
Pretender Offline
Licensed Cynic

Nice fambly Kevin--looks like a beautiful day too
10-02-2010 09:53 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Good morning, all ...
wishing your daughter a speedy and complete recovery, Cynth
cute pic of daughter and grandchild, Kev
Howdy, Monica, Kevin, Jack, Jake, Webhog, Cynth, and anyone I missed
10-02-2010 09:54 AM
Monica Offline
Amateur Hamateur

Howdy, Ms. A. Just on my way out the door here in a few to buy new work shoes and do the grocery shopping. Hopefully will be back in just a few hours.

This morning's family pics from the HHH:

[Image: lilya800.jpg]

[Image: lilya800a.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2010 10:09 AM by Monica.)
10-02-2010 10:08 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

hi 'n' bye
happy shoe shopping
cute kitty
10-02-2010 10:17 AM
Deborah Offline
Hog

(10-02-2010 09:54 AM)Arden Wrote:  Good morning, all ...
wishing your daughter a speedy and complete recovery, Cynth
cute pic of daughter and grandchild, Kev
Howdy, Monica, Kevin, Jack, Jake, Webhog, Cynth, and anyone I missed

Good morning,
I will try to overlook being overlooked Big Grin. I just walked in the door so I hadn't posted yet today.

How is everyone this fine morning?
10-02-2010 10:24 AM
Arden Offline
your friend

Good morning, Ms. Deb.
How could you have been overlooked if you weren't here yet???
Welcome!! How's your Saturday thus far?
10-02-2010 10:28 AM
Deborah Offline
Hog

(10-02-2010 10:28 AM)Arden Wrote:  Good morning, Ms. Deb.
How could you have been overlooked if you weren't here yet???
Welcome!! How's your Saturday thus far?

So far, so good! Got up before 5am to drive Kayla to Sacramento, bought chicken feed and then spent the last of the food budget for the next 4 days. I just made my 2nd cup of tea and I am enjoying the wonderful tunes and waiting for the Giants game.

It's really muggy here, how is the weather at the sty?
10-02-2010 10:37 AM
Thread Closed