Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Powered by Laura Ellen Hopper
audiho Offline
Piglet

Powered by Laura Ellen Hopper
I went to the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass festival for the first time on Sunday. Saw great performances by Jame McMurtry and Randy Newman. Barely could see the Indigo Girls, but they sounded great. Made my way back to the "Rooster Stage" to see Roseann Cash and was surprised and touched to see the banner proclaiming that it was "powered by Laura Ellen Hopper".
I watched the last three acts there. The festival itself was fantastic but the vibes at the "Rooster Stage" especially when Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings came on was incredible. At most of the shows the people attending were like the "KFAT REUNINION" song. Older, wider and grayer (my 60 year old self included). But at the Sharon Jones concert the age group went from 16 to 66. I even saw mothers and fathers with there kids on there shoulders groovin to the music. Laura Ellen would have been proud to have brought togethor such a diverse group. I felt so proud of the Pig that night that I have signed up to listen live. I felt it was the only way to repay the piglets for putting on such a fantastic show. See you there next year!
10-05-2010 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arden Offline
your friend

RE: Powered by Laura Ellen Hopper
That is all fantastic!!! But credit where credit is due. Thanks go to Warren Hellman for putting on such a fantastic fest.
KPIG's not responsible for putting on the show.
10-06-2010 07:43 AM
audiho Offline
Piglet

(10-06-2010 07:43 AM)Arden Wrote:  That is all fantastic!!! But credit where credit is due. Thanks go to Warren Hellman for putting on such a fantastic fest.
KPIG's not responsible for putting on the show.
Hi Arden, I know Warren Hellman put on the show but I did not know how to thank him so I figured I would thank the Pig and maybe he would get the feedback. I saw Eric and Sleepy John doing MC work. What does KPIG do at the show other than that? The shows at all the stages I went to went on flawlessly so I thought you guys must have something to do in the background to make things work so well. I know that Warren chooses what groups to invite, does he get an input from the Pig?
10-06-2010 12:07 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

It is all Warren Hellman. We are happy and proud to MC some stages, delighted to be a part of such an incredible and awesome event, and proud to call Mr. Hellman our friend. That is the extent of our involvement. We have nothing to do in the background with how well things run, 100% of all kudos in that regard belong strictly to Warren Hellman and his HSB crew.
10-06-2010 01:33 PM
audiho Offline
Piglet

(10-06-2010 01:33 PM)Arden Wrote:  It is all Warren Hellman. We are happy and proud to MC some stages, delighted to be a part of such an incredible and awesome event, and proud to call Mr. Hellman our friend. That is the extent of our involvement. We have nothing to do in the background with how well things run, 100% of all kudos in that regard belong strictly to Warren Hellman and his HSB crew.
Obviously Mr. Hellman must listen to the Pig to have created such an eclectic mix of music. From "Marching Forth, Marching Band" to "Sharon Jones and th Dap Kings" and everyone else on the line up mixed in. It was like watching live KPIG.
Well I would like to thank Mr. Hellman also. Does he have a link to do that?
10-06-2010 03:07 PM
Arden Offline
your friend

Mr. Hellman is definitely a KPIG fan, he has made that clear to us! Big Grin

You can comment on all things Hardly Strictly here:
http://www.facebook.com/hardlystrictlybluegrass

That is the best place to leave a message for Mr. Hellman that he will definitely see. Smile
10-06-2010 03:57 PM
pigpappy Offline
Purveyor of Preowned Pork

Actually Mr. Hellman has the good sense to hire a lot of the folks from the Bill Graham Presents staff, that make things go smoothly .

Unkle Sherman
Yer Purveyor Of Pre-Owned Pork
Prohairesis Redneckus
10-12-2010 10:21 AM