Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
streaming kpig iPhone or android so you could have it in your car everywhere
wickman Offline
Piglet

streaming kpig iPhone or android so you could have it in your car everywhere
Is there anybody out there know techniques or how I can stream kpig through my android cell phone to my car stereo so that no matter where I go I can listen to the pig I'm not pretty good with technical stuff like this but I would sure love to listen to the pig on Sacramento, Merced , Hayward were I live and I can't get the pig anymore.
10-11-2010 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dobber Offline
Piglet

RE: streaming kpig iPhone or android so you could have it in your car everywhere
(10-11-2010 04:52 PM)wickman Wrote:  Is there anybody out there know techniques or how I can stream kpig through my android cell phone to my car stereo so that no matter where I go I can listen to the pig I'm not pretty good with technical stuff like this but I would sure love to listen to the pig on Sacramento, Merced , Hayward were I live and I can't get the pig anymore.

you have to subscribe to the online listening service. $50 bucks a year, but with the online service you don't have commercials, and you can sleep the sleep of the righteous knowing you are personally paying for a few minutes of airtime a day for the best damn radio station on earth. You will then need a radio stream player - wunderRadio is the one I am using on the iphone and ipad and it seems to be the most problem free. At the online listener area you will get a address specific to your subscription which you can then plug into the player. It sounds complicated, but if you follow the directions on the website, it works pretty well.
10-11-2010 06:55 PM
monterey_diver Offline
Piglet

RE: streaming kpig iPhone or android so you could have it in your car everywhere
(10-11-2010 06:55 PM)dobber Wrote:  you have to subscribe to the online listening service. $50 bucks a year, but with the online service you don't have commercials, and you can sleep the sleep of the righteous knowing you are personally paying for a few minutes of airtime a day for the best damn radio station on earth. You will then need a radio stream player - wunderRadio is the one I am using on the iphone and ipad and it seems to be the most problem free. At the online listener area you will get a address specific to your subscription which you can then plug into the player. It sounds complicated, but if you follow the directions on the website, it works pretty well.

For $50 a year you get a stream that cuts in and out of almost every song. More often than not it isn't listenable. very frustrating. I live in soledad and can't get it in the home stereo. I went with the 6 month program for $25 and will stick with listening in the car after it runs out.
10-13-2010 04:22 PM
Quinn Offline
Piglet

Music RE: streaming kpig iPhone or android so you could have it in your car everywhere
I use the FStream app from the iTunes store to stream the Pig to my iPod Touch 2g. Just enter your personal subscription link into the player and listen all day everywhere you have a connection. Unless you have an unlimited data package, wi-fi works for me.

I love the stream, No commercials or music fills but if that most annoying skipping record "effect" would just go away I will probably renew my subscription again...
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2010 12:10 AM by Quinn.)
11-22-2010 12:05 AM
Seldomseen2u Offline
Piglet

I'm a big user of FSTREAM and its reliable on my Iphone 4 with 4.1 OS- love it my car (its connected to my pioneer av screen as ipod/iphone) . But I have an android viewsonic g tablet with android 2.2 that plays media nicely and is networked.... but i'm wishing i could find an android based streamer like FSTREAM from the marketplace or elsewhere.

Any one have one on their droid that works ? my wifi tab is fast and would enhance it ...

cheers,

Seldomseen2u
12-04-2010 01:06 PM
bobburney Offline
Gettin' Piggy with it!

(12-04-2010 01:06 PM)Seldomseen2u Wrote:  Any one have one on their droid that works ? my wifi tab is fast and would enhance it ...

cheers,

Seldomseen2u

http://www.wunderradio.com/ is supposed to work.

http://www.hungryformusic.org/
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2010 01:42 PM by bobburney.)
12-04-2010 01:21 PM
SJL11244 Offline
Piglet

GO TO http://WWW.YOURMUZE.FM SIGN UP. I DONT REMEMBER IF THEY CHARGE FOR THE APP. YOU CAN FIND MOST INTERNET RADIO STATIONS AND KPIG. I HAVE THE DROID X
02-22-2011 02:31 PM
CascadianPDX Offline
Piglet

I'll check yourmuze.fm
FStream works really well but isn't avail for Android phones. I have an iPod and frequently listen to the pig at work via wifi... the problem is the car. The only way I can stream with my Android phone is to use the browser, which keeps the screen on, doesn't run in background, and doesn't sound as rich. It just isn't a viable workaround. Somebody at the station hinted at "something in the works" several months ago. Anything? Ok I'll check yourmuze now but skeptical!
07-17-2012 10:18 PM
webhog Offline
Bit Mangler

streaming via cellular data will rack up your data charges in a hurry. something like Sirius/XM is much more suitable for auto use, too bad da Pig isn't on them, however Undecided
07-24-2012 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply