Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KT Tunstall?
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

KT Tunstall?
I want to ask if any of you piggies out there have ever heard KT Tunstall on KPIG. I've been listening to her a lot lately, and she is way, way, way good. Big Grin

I am asking because, a while back, I emailed in a request for something by her and Laurie emailed back that they didn't have anything by her in the sty. Then, the next day, I saw on the playlist that they had played one of her songs!

I haven't heard anything by her on the PIG since or seen her name on a playlist. But then I certainly can't keep up with all the artists the PIG plays or when they play them.

If the PIG isn't playing KT regularly, they should be. She only has 3 or 4 CDs out; it shouldn't be a big deal for them to acquire her entire catalog.

Here are a few of her live performances:

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 10:44 PM by Space Cowboy.)
11-20-2012 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

RE: KT Tunstall?
11-20-2012 10:37 PM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

11-20-2012 10:39 PM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

She wrote or co-wrote all those songs. Studio versions of all of them are on her debut CD, "Eye to the Telescope". All the other songs on the CD are just as outstanding as those, as is everything else of hers I've listened to. Cool
11-20-2012 10:41 PM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

And here she is, doing a drop-dead killer Dylan cover with Billy Bragg:

11-20-2012 10:43 PM
col the geordie Offline
Living in the Uk - so you don't have to

[quote='Space Cowboy' pid='29381' dateline='1353476110']
I want to ask if any of you piggies out there have ever heard KT Tunstall on KPIG. I've been listening to her a lot lately, and she is way, way, way good. Big Grin

I am asking because, a while back, I emailed in a request for something by her and Laurie emailed back that they didn't have anything by her in the sty. Then, the next day, I saw on the playlist that they had played one of her songs!

I haven't heard anything by her on the PIG since or seen her name on a playlist. But then I certainly can't keep up with all the artists the PIG plays or when they play them.

If the PIG isn't playing KT regularly, they should be. She only has 3 or 4 CDs out; it shouldn't be a big deal for them to acquire her entire catalog.

I can offer up an explanation for Laurie not playing it. It doesn't exist in her very small circle of music and she obviously doesn't have one of her hilarious stories (well Laurie laughs at them anyway) to tell. Hope this helps clear the mystery up
CryingCrying

I'm not the messiah, I'm a very naughty boyBig Grin
11-21-2012 11:37 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

Yay! The PIG just played "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree". Cool And here I was afraid that pigs would fly before I'd get to hear KT on the PIG.

Rock on! Woo-hoo! Beer Fly

Now how about some Lake Street Dive? Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 09:30 PM by Space Cowboy.)
04-25-2013 08:52 PM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

KT mixes in a little country
KT is not afraid to reinvent herself. I've been wishing for some time now that she'd add a dash of country flavoring to her music, because I thought that her already great music would sound extra nice with a little country mixed in. Now she's got a new CD coming out, "Invisible Empire // Crescent Moon" (due out in the U.S. in August), and it looks like I'm going to get my wish. And, as I figured, KT with a country sound is really tasty. Check out this preview. I can't wait until I can get my hands on this.

And, most of those videos sure weren't shot in Scotland . . . Smile

05-17-2013 12:37 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

One of the coolest music videos I've seen in awhile:

10-27-2013 01:31 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker