Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Patchy Sanders
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

Patchy Sanders
Patchy Sanders was another highlight of last weekend's Kate Wolf Music Festival. This young band is tremendously creative and innovative (I especially like some of the things they do with tempo and volume on some of their songs), and, so far, they seem to be all but unknown. I expect that will change as more people get turned on to them and the word gets around: This is one of the best young folk bands in the business!

Santa Cruz folks, here's a heads-up: Patchy Sanders will be appearing at the Crepe Place on August 2 and at the Kuumbwa on November 22. Go and check them out. You'll get to see them ahead of the crowd they're sure to attract when they get better known, and you won't be disappointed!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 01:09 AM by Space Cowboy.)
07-03-2014 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

RE: Patchy Sanders
07-03-2014 12:37 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

The sound quality on this video isn't the greatest, which is unfortunate because it's a hell of a song! Fly (They don't have very many videos out yet. I'll try and post more by them as they appear.)

07-03-2014 12:40 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

Here is an even more innovative song, also somewhat marred by less-than-perfect sound quality as well as by loud-mouthed audience members who won't shut up. (How rude! :rolleyesSmile It's still an awesome song.

Seriously, once again, everyone who loves great folk music needs to see this amazing band live. Speaking from personal experience, I guarantee you will be blown away!

07-03-2014 12:45 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

This past Friday night, I went and saw P.S. at Studio 55 in San Rafael. What a treat! Big Grin It was an evening of magical melodies, high energy, and wonderful vibes. These young folks are astonishingly talented and creative!

As an added bonus, the setting was very informal. The band members came out and mingled with the audience between sets and at the end of the show. I got to chat with all of them at least briefly, and a couple of them more than briefly. For all their gobs and gobs of talent, they are all just super-nice, delightful, unpretentious, down-to-earth folks.

This Saturday night's show at the Crepe Place should be just as informal and just as wonderful. I may be there myself. Y'all should go and check it out; you will be enchanted, count on it!
07-29-2014 10:45 PM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

I said I'd post new videos by this amazing band as they became available. So, as promised, here's a wonderful (as per their usual standards) new song by P.S.: Fly

12-11-2014 02:21 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 12:19 AM by Space Cowboy.)
12-15-2014 12:19 AM
Space Cowboy Offline
Porker

I don't generally post two versions of the same song by the same artist or band, but it is worth making an exception for this recent, long but lovely version one of P.S.'s signature songs, Whistling Bird Blacksmith.

It's rather different from the version I posted earlier, and it also nicely showcases the band's current lineup: Dan Sherrill (guitar, vocals); Dan's partner, Jacqui Aubert (vocals); Jacqui's sister Dani Aubert (banjo, vocals); Dani's partner, Ian Van Ornum (mandolin, vocals; here he has his hair tied back, but he usually wears it down around his shoulders); Sara Wilbur (violin; what a wonderful addition to the band she is! Smile); and Eric Jones, upright bass. And (hooray!) the sound quality on this video is excellent.

These are the instruments they usually play, but Dan, Dani, and Ian all sometimes play other instruments.

12-24-2014 01:12 AM