We listened for hours and hours
Little bird flew us away

[Image: P1010947-1.jpg]
08-31-2009 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

RE: Fresh Squeals...
I haven't been in the "CAT BOX" since my son played there a few years ago. The gentleman at the door quickly labeled us as "Parents" when we went in. We were the oldest ones there. The "Super Pineapples" is a SKA group my son played Trombone with for a short while. We went to see him play, but didn't enjoy the music much.
He has since graduated to better music. Double B Flat concert tuba with the Pacific Brass, Marching Tuba with the Watsonville band, and even played, by request, with the South County Symphony.
Not that I'm proud, but all of my 4 children play instruments. Me, I play KPIG on the radio or computer. Big Grin Undecided

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
08-31-2009 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
clockdoctor Offline
Just Enjoying Life!

This being the 31st, it must be the last day for this thread. WebHog I'm sure will take care of the detail and start us anew in the morning.Crying

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
08-31-2009 04:34 PM
webhog Offline
Bit Mangler

(08-31-2009 04:31 PM)clockdoctor Wrote:  I haven't been in the "CAT BOX" since my son played there a few years ago. The gentleman at the door quickly labeled us as "Parents" when we went in. We were the oldest ones there. The "Super Pineapples" is a SKA group my son played Trombone with for a short while. We went to see him play, but didn't enjoy the music much.

haahahahah! I took my kid, then about 13 or 14, to see the Super Pineapples and some other 'more famous' ska band at the Veterans Hall one halloween or something. I thought as ska went, they were pretty good, but my ears were ringing for hours afterwards Smile

at least its easy to dance to, just do the pogo in doubletime.
08-31-2009 06:24 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVbAuMr5eac

Anybody remember the Stawberry Alarm Clock?

Malama pono!
08-31-2009 07:41 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

(08-31-2009 04:31 PM)clockdoctor Wrote:  I haven't been in the "CAT BOX" since my son played there a few years ago. The gentleman at the door quickly labeled us as "Parents" when we went in. We were the oldest ones there. The "Super Pineapples" is a SKA group my son played Trombone with for a short while. We went to see him play, but didn't enjoy the music much.
He has since graduated to better music. Double B Flat concert tuba with the Pacific Brass, Marching Tuba with the Watsonville band, and even played, by request, with the South County Symphony.
Not that I'm proud, but all of my 4 children play instruments. Me, I play KPIG on the radio or computer. Big Grin Undecided
You are still my hero Richard...No pig did more than you to help save the pig.....Right On Time...hee hee...
Big Grin You a

Malama pono!
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2009 07:53 PM by Squealin'.)
08-31-2009 07:48 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Thank you Ellie Mae! Smile Love You!
[Image: water2.gif]

Malama pono!
08-31-2009 07:57 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

Only went to the Catalyst once to see Adrian Belew perform with his Power Trio--my taste in music is catholic (small-c) and I can't turn away a great performance as long as 1) I can get tickets and 2) I can find childcare for the young-un.

It's a great venue to get a decent pizza, and I'm glad that they only allow drinking bottles in the bar, not at the tables. Santa Cruz does not need a place where the acts perform behind a steel cage or barbed wire. Not unless there's wrestling. Big Grin

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
08-31-2009 07:58 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Malama pono!
08-31-2009 08:16 PM
Squealin' Offline
Save The Pig

Malama pono!
08-31-2009 08:17 PM
Cynth The Poet Away
Just Plain Ol' Cynthia

(08-31-2009 07:48 PM)Squealin Wrote:  You are still my hero Richard...No pig did more than you to help save the pig.....Right On Time...hee hee...
Big Grin You a

Do you even check on YouTube to see if the video is okayed for embedding? If it isn't, then it won't work here. (That's two things that won't work.) Dodgy

Not trying to be mean, but it really helps to check on these videos. It gets awfully frustrating to click on the "play" image and I get this link to the video on YouTube. "Embedding Disabled By Request" is right there under the YouTube video link.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." -- Warren Zevon Confused
08-31-2009 09:37 PM
barndweller Offline
bewildered listener

cosmic American music
(08-31-2009 07:41 PM)Squealin Wrote:  Anybody remember the Stawberry Alarm Clock?

Paul Mitchell, now the bass player for I See Hawks in L.A.,
used to be in Strawberry Alarm Clock

here's a pic of him playing
at the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy a few years ago:

[Image: paulhsmf.jpg]

if you get the chance, catch a Hawks show

[Image: neighborhood.jpg]

then you will want to see them again!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2009 02:53 AM by barndweller.)
09-01-2009 02:36 AM
Thread Closed